Before we talk about facts or things you need to know about fasting, we need to know or try to define the word FASTING.
Fasting is simply separation from food and the pleasures of life to move God’s hand to do something or provide something you do not have.
It puts you in command of things and brings you closer to Divinity And Spirits.
There are different kinds of fasting a person can engage in, But I advise be sure to grow into them, you do not have to prove a point or impress anyone while fasting.
From the last time we checked, we have four kinds and they are namely:
- Dry fast,
- Fruit fast,
- Unpleasant fast,
- White fast.
There are different times you can fast, it could be from 6 to 9 am // 6 to 12 noon // 6 to 3 pm // 6 to 6 pm, or even for a couple of days.
Each of these times connotes different timing for fasts. There are the;
- Morning Fast,
- Afternoon Fasts,
- and Night Fasts.
Whichever you decide to go on with, I, as a clergy, advise you to make sure you are led by the Holy Spirit.
Fasting is a weapon, the Truth remains that unusual warfare or battle requires unusual weapons and Fasting can be that unusual weapon of warfare.
In Mathew 17:21 Jesus said to the Apostles,
“Howbeit this kind (of spirit) goeth not out, but by prayer and fasting.”
Unusual warfare requires unusual weapons, and fasting is one of those unusual weapons our Lord Jesus has given unto us; for he fasted as an example for us.
HERE ARE THE 9 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT FASTING.
- Fasting is God’s commandment. (Joel 2:12-13) If God commands us to fast, he knows we should do so.
- Fasting is a force in the Spirit world. When the disciples Could not cast out The dumb and deaf spirit of the young son, they asked Jesus why and Jesus answered them in Mark 9:28-29. Fasting will forever be one of the major keys to spiritual strength, power, and Authority.
- Fast before, during, and after important decision-making and between major events of your life. In Matthew 3:16-17, Jesus was baptized and after that, he went to fast, and upon returning from his fasting experience, he started selecting his apostles. Matthew 4:18-22.
- Fasting can help you effect or change the decision of God In the crisis of those you love. 2 Samuel 12:16-17
- Fasting should be done habitually. Anna did it. A widow of 84 years, a prophetess who never left the temple but fasted continually. Luke 2:37. Age is not an excuse. It’s the relationship, and an Encounter with Divinity that makes all the Difference.
- Fasting can help you create acceptance and influence with those in Leadership and positions of Authority and Power. Just Like Queen Esther Did. Esther 4:15-16.
- Fasting can influence the three major areas of your life as Ezra the Priest did in Ezra 8:21.
- a. Direction,
- b. Family,
- c. Finances.
- Fastings are done to avert the judgments of God upon your life. Joel 1:14-15.
- Your Fasting is wrong if it is done publicly to impress other people about your spirituality. Matthew 6:5,16.
Also note that Fasting Without Prayers, and studying the word of God is more or less like going on a hunger strike.
I Pray the Lord grants us the strength to Seek him more, cause in the place of fasting and prayer we encounter different dimensions of God.
© Revd. Engr. Divine Victory Emezie.